Childcare Fees & Grants


Under 2

2 - 3 yrs

over 3 yrs

Full Week




Full Day (07:45 - 18:00)




Morning (07:45 - 12:00)




Afternoon (13:00 - 18:00)




Extended AM




Extended PM




School day (08:45 - 15:45)





Lunch not booked: £9.00

School Day - 8:45am - 3:45pm
Funded Hours - 8:45am - 11:45am / 12:45pm - 3:45pm

Little Steps is offering the extended entitlement to 3- and 4-year olds, this allows qualifying parents to claim up to 22 hours 20 mins per week for 51 weeks of the year. Please follow the link below to see if you are eligible:

We also except the new HMRC Tax Free childcare vouchers

Fees are charged monthly in advance at the beginning of every month. There are a range of payment methods such as: chip and pin, debit/credit card, cheque, cash and we accept childcare vouchers.


If you are working and pay for childcare your employer maybe able to help you with some of your childcare costs, this scheme has recently been updated.

The update reflects the change to the rules which mean that where a new claimant enters into a scheme from 6 April 2011 the amount of exempt childcare is restricted for higher rate taxpayers to £28 a week, and for additional rate taxpayers to £22 a week. The amount available to basic rate tax payers and those in relevant schemes prior to 6 April 2011 remains at £55 a week, for more information click on the link below.

Paying for childcare: getting help from your employer - leaflet IR115

Help with Fees and Grants

If you're a student parent on benefits or a low income you might qualify for money from the Childcare Support Fund to pay for registered childcare. You can receive this money directly and use it for registered childcare you've arranged yourself. If you're at college you can apply for this through the Student Support or Welfare Officer. If you're in sixth form you can apply through the Student Awards or Student Support Officer at your Local Education Authority (LEA).

New Deal for Lone Parents

If you're a lone parent whose youngest child is under 16, and are either not working or are working under 16 hours a week, you can get help under the New Deal for Lone Parents scheme. You'll get a Personal Adviser, who'll tell you what funding you're entitled to towards course fees, travel, and childcare. Visit the Jobcentre Plus website, call freephone 0800 868 868 or drop into your local Jobcentre Plus.

Childcare Grant Package

You can claim this money for registered childcare if you're a full-time student with children under 15. You can qualify for up to 85 percent of childcare costs throughout the year, not just during term time. How much you qualify for depends on the cost of your childcare, your income and any income your dependants earn. You don't have to pay it back. You apply for the Childcare Grant from your Local Education Authority (LEA) or the Student Awards or Welfare Officer at your college. You can find out more about financial help towards the cost of childcare in the Student Finance section of Directgov.

If you're a full-time student with dependant children, you may qualify for this funding in addition to the Childcare Grant. The Parents' Learning Allowance is non-repayable help towards course-related costs like travel, books, equipment and childcare. How much you qualify for depends on your income and any income your dependants earn. The Parents' Learning Allowance is paid with any maintenance loans or grants you receive.

Child Tax Credit

How much Child Tax Credit you qualify for depends on your circumstances and your income. You can claim it regardless of whether you're working or not. Call the Inland Revenue Helpline on 0845 300 3900 or visit the Inland Revenue website to work out how much you would qualify for and apply online.

Access to Learning Fund - This is available through your college or university. You may qualify for the Access to Learning Fund if you're on a low income and need extra financial help to stay on in higher education. These funds can cover unexpected costs and costs not being met by any other grants. You need to meet the usual residence requirements and be considered a 'home student'.

Free childcare places

All children in England aged three or four are eligible for a free part-time childcare place. You can find your local CIS by calling the Childcare Information Helpline on 0800 2346 346.

I'm 16-19 and planning to go to/ already at sixth form or college.

Care to learn - Under this scheme students aged 19 or under who have children can get funding to pay for registered childcare and associated travel costs. Find out more by visiting the Care to Learn section of Directgov or calling 0845 600 2809.

Career Development Loan (CDL) - If you're over 18 and planning to do a vocational course you can use a CDL to pay for childcare. You pay the loan back after you complete the course. For more information you can call 0800 585 505 or visit the Career Development Loan section on Directgov.

Additional Notes

Fees are payable via standing order, debit/credit card, cheque or cash. Notification of change of date of standing order payments must be received 30 days before payment, or a charge of £15 will be made.

Any absences for any reason must be paid for in full. We require one months notice in writing if you wish to withdraw your child.

We also accept childcare vouchers.

Little Steps offers two free am or PM sessions to allow your child/children to experience our nursery.

footer landscape image


Little Steps day nursery is located in a spacious listed building on the main route through Higham Ferrers near Rushden, Northants.